Monday, December 04, 2006

We Did It...

but not without help. A BIG THANK YOU goes out to the glassesless Nathan Diehl who helped us move on Saturday. Most of our clothes are still at Ayron's parents' house, but other than that, we are done. We have yet to actually spend the night in the house because we are beagle sitting for my mom until tomorrow, so it's just easier to stay at her place, that and we haven't really begun to unpack anything at our house!

I did manage to drag my tired behind to work today. It's gonna be one of those days. No matter how positive and upbeat I try to be about the day, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen, and here's why. I have court today, court automatically brings your day down a notch on the "good day" scale. I came to work early to get stuff around for tomorrow (not going to be at work) and my trust, yet temperamental, desktop will not boot-up. I'm about ready to boot it out the window. So I decided to get the stuff I needed off the "back up" computer. It won't print! I am enrolling a new student today, who does not want to be here, so that will be a thrill. I don't have any work for the new student to do because it was emailed to me, and I can't print it off! I have to get all of the work ready for 5 students for tomorrow and think of every possible thing that could go wrong, and plan for that as well. I'm wondering if it would be easier just to come into work tomorrow, NOPE! I am taking my day off and getting all of the odds and ends that go along with moving done. I have to have my driver's license changed, which should waste about half of my day off. Then A and I are going to Fort Wayne to finish Christmas shopping and pick mom up from the airport around 6:30. I just wish I could fast forward to the end of today!

** Update**

It is amazing what prayer can do. After I blogged and before I began my crazy day, I spent a couple of minutes meditating. It helps me calm down. Now I don't do the traditional, clear your mind of all thoughts meditation. I just lay on my back, on the floor, arms at my side, eyes closed, and pray. I've gotten wise about praying for patience, so I prayed for serenity and guidance. I immediately saw his work in my life. I had court, normally I'd be all stressed out, worrying about testifying, etc. I was calm. I talked to the attorney, probation officer, offending student, etc. Court went well. I came back to the house, found a way to print out materials even though my computer is dead (thanks to Brooke for letting me use her computer), got tons of work around for my students to do tomorrow, enrolled a student, and I am now waiting for another student to come so I can enroll her! So a big thanks goes out to the BIG GUY upstairs.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Is it your work computer? If not, I could try to fix it, if it's not a hardware problem. I'm a software guy. What's it doing?