Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'll say it again...

...God works in mysterious ways. I hold to that theory. I don't try to figure him out, I couldn't even if I tried. I may wonder, but I know that I'll never truly understand. Case and point. Work has been crazy lately, I've been feeling overwhelmed and didn't know if I'd make it out alive or just run the other way screaming, "I QUIT!" I had this erie sense of calm about me today, which was a stark contrast to the emotions I felt yesterday. I kept questioning my calmness throughout the day. I tried not to worry about the things that were bringing me down (two staff memebers need to change their schedules, one gave me his two weeks). This afternoon I had a phone call from one person who I thought I was going to lose, she called me and admitted that she was afraid to ask me, but she was going to anyways. She wants more hours and she wants paid (right now she is fulfilling an internship). I said yes in a heartbeat! I called my boss, and it took all of 3 seconds to check the budget and BAM, I have another employee!! I may have even found a replacement for my staff memeber who is leaving.

I don't know why He allows me to worry. Maybe He is hoping that someday I'll learn my lesson and relax or maybe it's a constant lesson in patience, but either way, He is mysterious.

No comments: