Monday, February 26, 2007

Not Again

So I woke up early Saturday morning and decided to be productive with my day. After Ayron got a shower and left for work, I made a short grocery list, started the washer, and left to go Krogering. I came home from my Krogering trip to find a flooded bathroom. I called Ayron, he came home from work with the drain snake. We decided that the line is clogged again, and when the washer tried to spin out, the water came up into the shower and then out onto the floor. We snaked the drain outside. When we had the snake all the way out we thought we hit the clog, but had no more snake to break through. Ayron went to the Auburn Taylor Rental and picked up a snake that you can customize. I helped him attach each 8 foot section until we had built an 88 foot snake. We snaked the hole again, and thought we cleared the plug. We were happy, but then realized that it was 6:30 and we had missed church, and smelled like poo. We got showers and decided to relax at home. This morning, I was getting my shower, right after Ayron got his, and the shower started to fill up on me. I yelled for Ayron and thus our troubles are not over. He called the city this morning and they are going to come out and inspect the lines. When this happened the first time, Ayron and I started looking in the street (our snake was long enough that we had reached the middle of the street underground (thus making it city problems, not ours). There is a patch in the road which makes us think they have already tried to fix the problem once. Please pray for our sanity in this situation.

Oh, we did have a bright spot to our weekend. We went furniture shopping yesterday. I didn't plan on buying anything so I hadn't transferred the money we had been saving into checking. We found a great sale on a love seat and oversized chair at Value City Furniture. We called mom and go the ok to put it on her card (we all have a card under her one account). We will pay the bill when it comes. But yeah, furniture. Ayron and Michael (my ears still hurt after hearing about you this weekend. Hearing...hahaha) are going to pick it up on Thursday and bring it home. We payed a little extra for the protective coating, but that gives us a 7 year warranty on stains of any kind, snags, cuts, burn marks, etc. I'm so excited. People will have a place to sit now!!

No comments: