Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pre-Algebra

Well, I finally have a day student!! Yeah!! The school gave me two books and basically gave me free reign on what to do. The Health curriculum I am doing just like the teacher, so it really doesn't take a lot on my part. I have her doing on-line quizzes and tests and the grades get emailed to me (I know, lazy way out, but like dad says, "Work smarter, not harder!"). She is also in Pre-Algebra. Not a big deal you say? Well, they gave me a book and said, "Start on Chapter 5." Ok, I thought, I can do this. Only to discover that I don't have an answer key to the book exercises. I have assigned a set of book exercises for each section as well as a worksheet for each. I found the worksheets on line and many of them came with answer keys (yes!!). However, I don't have a teacher book. I have spent all afternoon doing Pre-Algebra. It is actually kind of fun. If anyone tells Mrs. Gearhart I admitted that, I'll deny it. I am wondering why I didn't pay more attention when I had Mr. Disque in middle school. Probably because we were too busy shoving C.M. out the window.

I have not only assigned my student homework, but myself as well. My goal is to stay 3 sections ahead of her in making the answer keys. This should be a fun 9 weeks.

No comments: