Monday, January 31, 2011

Excuses

A side benefit of my job is listening to absurd excuses. I call it a benefit because 9 times out of 10, the excuses offered always make me laugh. This year, I have heard several new excuses. I had someone tell me they smoke pot to cure their anorexia. They believed that smoking pot caused them to have the munchies, which caused them to eat...ta da, anorexia cured. That one quickly jumped to the top of my list of top 10 excuses.

I heard a new excuse today. We noticed someone was very tired and unmotivated so we asked what time they went to sleep last night. When they told us what time, we talked about appropriate bedtimes, etc. We asked why they were awake so late and they told us, "my tv wouldn't turn off." We asked if they tried the power button on both the remote and the actual tv. They told us, "yeah." We asked if they unplugged the tv. They said, "Yes, but it stayed on." I had to get up and leave the room to keep from laughing. It was clear they were grasping for any "straw" to keep from getting in trouble.

No comments: