Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring Break

Well spring break has come and gone and yet the nice weather has yet to appear. Lets see if I can correctly recap Spring Break '05

Friday-Sunday
Spent at the convent with the groovy sisters in Grand Rapids. Came out to the car on Sunday morning to discover a flat tire. Spent the afternoon putzing around the mall while Firestone repaired our tires, thanks to mom's "emergency" credit card.

Sunday-Tuesday
House sat for a fmaily friend in a nice house. Learned how to play 9 ball. Kicked Ayron's butt a couple of times (just because he scratched on the last shot). Took care of barfy and shitzy, the two dogs. Those are not their actual names, but somehow both of the wound up sick.

Wednesday THE BIG DAY
I had my surgery. I almost ran away till I realized they had stolen my underwear in a mean attempt to keep me there. After an hour of freaking out and crying and one "googoo" shot later, I was feeling good and willingly let them operate. Good thing too. Turns out I had a gallstone the size of a ping pong ball. Funny thing is, this stone never showed on either of the extensive and expensive tests. ANyways, went home and slept it off. Got a dozen red roses and lavander (both my favorite) from the hubbie, spring bouquet from dad and "dad", and the Simpson operation game from Nat.

Thursday
I managed to take a shower and had mom removed my bellybutton gauze. I sat on the back porch and watched as dump truck after dump truck dumped dirt into piles all over our back yard. My father in law came into some extra dirt from a basement the business is digging and he got in the landscapping mood. Only he forgot to tell my mother in law that he backyard would look like a mine field had exploded at the end of the day.

Friday
Not much, layed around, slept, recooped.

Saturday
I ventured to Wal-Mart. Yippeee!! Hey, I had been trapped in the house looking at dirt!

Sunday
Frantically reread a book I had read on pain killers to come to one conclusion: The book was as confusing as I thought it was and it was not just the pain killers messing with my mind.

That's about it. yeah, exciting I know. Don't you wish you were me?

No comments: