Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Are they for real?

We recently purchased DishNetwork and it is amazing what is on tv! I found myself caught up in a show on VH1 about celebrities and their "entourage." I was amazed at the people celebrities pay to be their friends? Isn't that really what an entourage is?

For example, P. Diddy pays someone to hold an umbrella. Are P. Diddy's arm's broken? I have to wonder if the umbrella toting friend would be such a great friend if he weren't making $4000 a week.

Whitney Houston pays someone to check the bathwater temperature in hotels. Really? Is she incapable of dipping her toes into the water to judge the temperature?

What has happened to these people that they can no longer do these simple tasks for themselves. I saw another celebrity that pays someone to fasten her shoes. Really? Is bending over THAT difficult? Who fills their head with the garbage that makes them believe that they should pay someone to do simple tasks.

I have to wonder what I would be like if I became a celebrity and hired an "entourage." Who would I hire and what would I have them do? I hate cleaning my glasses at night, so maybe I would hire someone to clean them for me. In the winter I hate pumping gas, so maybe I'd hire someone to do that for me.

Who would you hire and what would you have them do?

No comments: