Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dear Taylor and Isabella

Dear Taylor and Isabella,



I promise to always love you. I promise to do my best to make it known you are loved. I am so blessed to have you in my life. After thinking we couldn't have kids, we were blessed with two wonderful babies who are growing up so fast.



You will soon learn that I am not perfect, in fact, far from it. I will make mistakes, and I apologize now. I can't promise that I won't embarrass you. I may yell too loud at your future sporting events, or wear embarrassing outfits when we go shopping. I will probably even do the "crotch jiggle" test (see old episode of "Home Improvement") when shopping for jeans. I am sure I will cook some meals you hate, and I know I will make you eat your vegetables.



I will push you to do your best. I will expect you to study and complete your homework. I will expect you to respect your teachers, elders, family members, etc. I won't let you give up or drop out.



I also promise to love you regardless of the mistakes you will make. I won't laugh when you fall (sorry, but you have your mother's sense of grace!). I will make sure you always have a roof over your head and food in your belly. You may not always have what you want, but you will have what you need.



I promise not to embarrass you too badly in front of your first date (TJ). I will try my hardest to prevent your Dad, Grandfather, and Uncle from cleaning their guns in front of the house when your prom date shows up (Isabella).



I promise you will always be surrounded by love!



Love,


Mommy






No comments: