Monday, July 07, 2008

Lesson Learned

About a month ago Ayron and I switched cell phone providers and each got brand new Envy phones. They are great phones. I hadn't found a case that I liked so I hadn't removed the protective coating from my phone. I was being so careful not to scratch it or drop it.

The saleswoman told us that our phones were waterproof up to 30 feet. What she forgot to tell us that they are not laundry soap resistant or a fan of the spin cycle.

Yes folks, I managed to wash my phone. In my 8 years of cell phone usage, I had never hurt a phone. That all went down the drain (or should I say washer) this weekend. I had left my phone in my pants pocket and forgot to check the pockets of my pants before throwing them in the washer. I drowned my phone! Thank goodness for phone insurance though. They no long make Envy's so I now own an Envy 2.

While I have found a case I like, I still have yet to remove the protective stickers from my new phone. Maybe I'll be brave and do it tonight!

ps: the protective stickers on my own phone stayed on, even after the spin cycle in the washer.

No comments: