Sunday, February 14, 2010

I did it for me, spare me any lectures!

Dear Readers, Family, Friends, and Facebook Peps,

Please spare me any negative complaints or suggestions. Spare me any lectures about what I chose to do. I am 26 years old and I did my research. This was not a spur of the moment decision. This was a five year process that finally came true. I have my personal reasons for what I did and I am happy with my results. I was able to involve a couple of friends in the process and I am very thankful to them for helping me. Once again, spare me any lectures.

I FINALLY GOT MY TATTOO!!!!! Like I said in my "disclaimer" this has been an event 5 years in the making! I have done my research and talked to several people over the years. I knew what to look for when choosing a parlor and was not pressured to do anything I didn't want to do. I chose a design from a website, but had a friend (and fellow inked friend) change it and make it mine.

I choose a place where it won't be seen on a daily basis. So why get it then you ask? I got it for me. Like I said, I have my reasons for why I did what I did and I am fully aware it will be with me for the rest of my life and I am happy with that. It will serve as a constant reminder of what I believe and how His love has carried me through some hard times and just like my tat will never leave me, neither will He. It is located in the upper middle of my back. It will only really be seen by "the public" if I am wearing a bathing suit. It won't stick out the top of my shirt, and I don't wear shirts that expose my back, so it will be tucked away.

I chose my design and gave it to J-rod to alter and he did a great job (LOVE IT). Leah W. went with us to Ft. Wayne and it was great to have her there. It was great to hang out as friends and not as parents! It was like the old days, before marriage and kids. I will admit that I almost chickened out, but I am glad I didn't.

It wasn't that bad, pain wise. There were a couple of spots where it actually tickled. I was lucky to get an artist that has been doing tats for 9 years and he was very patient and walked me through everything step by step. He was willing to give me lots of breaks for water and to stand up. The whole tat from start to finish only took 20 minutes, but it is on my spine which can be a painful place. There were only about 3 times where it really hurt. I can't describe the feeling (I wouldn't call it pain), it was like something I had never experienced before. Keep in mind I gave birth without any drugs and TJ came out all goofy so I knew I could stand the tattoo "pain" after 16 hours of labor.

My tat experience was topped with a sold out bout (we got the last tickets!) with the Ft. Wayne Derby Girls. Both SWAT and Bomb Squad won and Dodger L. Bow had at least 2 grand slams. It was a great day!

Without further ado, here is my tattoo.

No comments: