Monday, February 01, 2010

Who Needs Hot Water Anyways?

Yesterday Ayron and I discovered we didn't have any hot water. He checked the pilot light on the water heater and it had gone out. We re-lite it only to have it go out again. After checking with my favorite "Rent A Hubby" (Josh O.) we decided to change out a part (I'm a girl and can't think of the actual name of the part...it's kind of like the hot surface igniter on a furnace).

Long story short, I woke up this morning with a NyQuil hangover only to discover the pilot light had gone out again and I had the privilege of taking a nice cold shower on a miserable Monday morning. GRRRR.

Ayron stayed home today to see if he could fix it. We have the money to get a new water heater, but if we can just change out one part, I'd rather do that. It seems like every time we get some step closer to getting the house "remodeled" the way we want it, something happens. First the stupid cleanout pipe to the street (what I like to call "Mud Bowl '07 because Ayron managed to flood the front yard), then the dumb furnace, then our flooded bathroom, and now this. I am beginning to think that the former owner of the house is angry with me for cutting down the rose bush (it had never bloomed for me) and the lilac bush (it had been hit by lightening and was half dead).

No comments: