Monday, February 22, 2010

Awesome Pie Recipe

Lately I have been trying a lot of new recipes. I don't want my family to get into a rut and I don't want my child to be a picky eater (his new favorite food is greek chicken with artichokes and feta cheese!).

This afternoon I made a very tasty pie! While I haven't eaten it yet (it has to chill for 3 hours), I did lick the beaters and I was in heaven!!!

Crust
1 package of Marta White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
1/3 C. of salted peanuts (chopped)
4 T. of melted (or just softened) butter

Filling
1/2 C. Peanut Butter
3 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/3 C. Sugar
3 T. Milk
2 C. Whipped Topping (thawed)
Chocolate Fudge Topping

To Make the Crust: Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly spray a 9 inch pie plate with non stick cooking spray. Combine all the "Crust" ingredients. Press into the pie plate (bottom and sides) and bake for 13 to 16 minutes. Bake until golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven. If the crust is puffy, use the back of wooden spoon to flatten it out. Let the crust cool completely.

To Make Filling: Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the milk and beat till combined. Fold in the whipped topping. Once thoroughly combined, pour into cooled crust. Drizzle with chocolate fudge topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

No comments: