Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

I haven't blogged in awhile, and for that I am sorry. In recent news, we are pregnant with baby #2 and that pregnancy has caused me to rekindle my urge to bake sweets (although I won't eat them.) I found the following recipe in The Greater Fort Wayne Family Magazine. I would like to caution that this recipe makes A LOT of cookies. I still have 1/4 of the batter left to bake and have close to 74 cookies already.

2 C. Sugar
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
2 C. Margarine
2 C. Peanut Butter
2 tsp. Vanilla
4 Eggs
4 C. Flour
2 C. Oatmeal
4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. Chocolate Chips

Melt margarine and mix with sugars, peanut butter, and eggs. Then add the dry ingredients. Mix until blended. Then add chocolate chips. Roll into balls and bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes. Cookies will spread out and have golden edges when done.


As I typed up the recipe I realized that while it lists vanilla in the ingredients, it doesn't mention it in the actual prep of the cookie. I also just realized that I left it out! I am assuming my mistake doesn't matter because Ayron and Tj are happily devouring some warm cookies now. Beware, have a large glass of cold milk handy!

No comments: