Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Frustration

Well I just discovered that the position at GHS that I applied for has been filled with someone outside of the district. They didn't even bother to interview those of us within the district. It's frustrating. I thought that was what I wanted, but now I don't know. I did apply for several jobs in my old high school and middle school. Apparently I wasn't supposed to be at GHS, but I just have this feeling that getting a job as a first year teacher is going to be difficult. I don't want to sub for a year, but if I have to I will. What made it really bad is when I called A to tell him he gave me a passive and disinterested "sorry." It was like he didn't even really hear what I said. I guess I better keep looking at the DOE website for more jobs to apply for. If I was a drinker, I'd probably start drinking right now even though it isn't even noon yet.


** a half hour later A did call back and apologize

No comments: