Monday, June 19, 2006

Struggling with Sanity

Once again, Ayron and I find ourselves trying to decide what to do about our church lives. We currently attend a small church that broke off of a church several years ago. Our several failed attempt at growth only furthur frustrate Ayron and I. I am struggling with the idea of leaving behind some dear friends, but I keep reminding myself that just because we wouldn't attend church together doesn't mean we can't be friends. After talking to Ayron about my desire to find someplace where I feel like I am being "fed" we were invited by an old friend (that stories another blog!) to hang out with him and his friends after their Saturday night church. We didn't actually get to attend the service (bad service and a heck of a time at Applebee's) but we hung out with 12 people our age, some married, some single, some engaged at Josh's house. It was fun! I really enjoyed it. I felt like we belonged. But once again I was slammed back down from my "high" when my mother said "Everyone at church missed you AGAIN...where were you?" So I told her, "Ayron and I are thinking of attending N.H.'s Saturday night service. We don't feel we are gaining anything at G.C. and are trying to find a church that we feel is better suited for us." Mom's reply? That "hmmm" noise she makes when she is disappointed but won't actually verbalize it. Any of you who know my mom know what I'm talking about. It's frustrating. I feel the need to be a people pleaser, but I know that Ayron and I need to make a change adn we need to become more active with good people our own age who share our own intrests. So, that said. We are going to attend N.H.'s Saturday service this week and see how we like it. I'm looking forward to it.

** Yeah, the phone just rang and I manged to pick up some extra hours at work! Yeah! It kind of sucks though because I'm closing tonight (won't get home till like 10:30) and then I turn around and go back in the morning to open at 9. Oh well, it's more hours!!!

No comments: