Thursday, July 27, 2006

Are the doors open or is it me?

I couldn't sleep last night and for some reason I kept replaying a conversation I had with JO at The Gathering (our Bible Study) some weeks ago. We were talking about how God does open doors but he won't physically pick you up and guide you through them. You have to be willing to meet God in the middle. He'll open the door, but you need to do stuff to prove to God the door needs to be open and then make the effort to walk through the door. So back to why I wasn't able to sleep last night...

I am getting frustrated about not finding a job. Yes I work at the country club, but that doesn't really help pay the bills. I feel like I have done a ton to get a job in the education field, but I feel like I'm stuck in a room with an unopened door and no windows to crawl through. Then I begin to wonder, is the door slightly opened and I'm just not tugging on the handle enough? But then, how much do I tug? Do I tug so hard I pull the door off the hinges? Or do I wait until the door is opened some more by some divine force?

I'm pretty sure this whole thing is yet another lesson in patience from the big guy upstairs. I guess I just need to keep trying.

No comments: