Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Down But Not Out

Trying to decide what to do with your life is a difficult decision, add in another life and the difficulty level sky rockets. Ayron has finally convinced me (along with my sister) to just start applying everywhere. So as soon as I apply for three in Plainfield Indiana this wonderful opportunity has begun to take shape for Ayron at work. While that is not 100% yet, it is still something he is exteremly excited about but he is hesitant to go ahead in the off chance I get a job somewhere else. I received a letter in the mail yesterday from my "job" at G Middle School that informed me that my position is not available next year. While that is dissapointing, I take it as a sign from God that I don't need to be there because of the stress Mr. M puts on everyone. Now as for the "Not Out" part.

I have applied for several jobs at DeKalb, Plainfield, and one that I'm particularly interested in in Steuben county. The Steuben County Youth Improvement Program is looking to hire a part time teacher at an unbelivable hourly rate (I could make more than a first year teacher in a traditional setting). That position would be really cool because as much as anyone wants a traditional classroom right off the bat I don't know if that is what I really want. Yes, if the opportunity comes along sign me up, but I think it would be cool to teach in a nontradtional setting.

Pray for guidance for Ayron and I.

Oh yea, I turn 23 on the 23rd!! We are going to go golfing. Yes, me, golfing. I went for the first time last sunday (yes, I work there, I just don't participate) with Ayron, Phil and Nikki. I had a ton of fun, I sucked, but I had a ton of fun! So for our (Nikki and My) birthdays we are going to try the back nine. We spent 3 1/2 hours doing the first nine at Garrett Country Club. I suck so I don't think I'll be volunteering to go with Dad anytime soon, but at least I'm trying!

No comments: