Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Finally Have A Nephew

I have been blessed with four beautiful nieces, McKenna, Madison, Marisa, and Nina(a little bit hairy compared to the others) but I can say that I now have a nephew. My nephew is about 2 1/2 feet tall and probably well over 40 pounds. He likes to drool and he is blessed in the hair department. His name is Brutus. My brother-in-law got my sister-in-law a puppy for her birthday. Making sure that he wouldn't be the only guy in the house, the only stipulation was that the puppy be a boy. Brutus will come home tomorrow. They have spent the week puppy proofing the house. I am questioning their decision to make the dog an indoor dog. I have nothing against indoor dogs, but when they will grow to be bigger than the humans in the house, decisions need to be rethunk. Brutus is a full blooded St. Bernard. My little niece can walk under the mom's belly without even touching her belly, and the dad was bigger than that. As my father-in-law says, "An indoor dog?! Have you ever seen a cow poop in the living room?" If nothing else, this should prove to be entertaining!

No comments: