Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ever Wonder

Do you ever wonder how you got where you are? I find myself trying to figure that out lately. How does someone with an education degree become a home detention employee? How did my days becoming a battle to stay sane while dealing with stupid people? What did I do to "deserve" the threatening voicemails from a former student's parent? Who put the sign on my back that says, "Ask me stupid questions, I love it!"?

I also wonder how my students got where they are. In the past month I have ran into or reconnected with several students from my student teaching days (ahh, public school memories.) How did one end up in handcuffs in court? How did they grow up enough to get married? How/why did they trash everything that has been handed to them and end up in court for minor consumption? What allowed some to succeed while others failed?

No comments: