Thursday, August 07, 2008

I Respect You!!

To all of you adminstrative assistants, I offer you my respect!

This past week our administrative assistant has been on a well deserved vacation. I have been filling in for her and let me tell you, this is not an easy task. Let me explain. In the summer I split my time between my comfy house office for the Youth Improvement Program (the program is run out of a semi-converted house) and the Community Corrections office. I know just enough about Home Detention to be mainly useful. I am not skilled at the multi-line telephone system. I am very proud that so far this week I haven't hung up on person nor have I accidentally pushed the panic button (you should have seen what happened when I accidentally hit it last time!). We currently have over 45 people on Home Detention and Thursday and Fridays are appointment days. I am answering the phone and since I sound like our administrative assistant people don't bother to tell me who they are, they just assume I know who they are!

So to all of you administrative assistants who not only keep us co-workers organized but everyone else who may come into the office, my hat is off to you!

No comments: