Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Husband...

is as graceful as an elephant tripping over a toothpick. That is how I would describe last nights softball game. Before I begin my tale, let me fill you in on some details.

1.) My husband usually hurts himself MAJORLY at least once a year. We thought it odd we passed the one year mark this year without any major injuries.

2.) Ayron was the pitcher for New Hope's church league softball team. We play for fun. We didn't win a game this season but we always had fun.

So last night was no exception to rule #2. We were behind by A LOT and Ayron knew it was going to be the last out of the game and season so he went for it. I didn't actually see him running from 3rd to home, but I did managed to catch a glimpse of him tripping over a hole by home plate (the other team was digging it for when they batted), tucking, and rolling.

IMMEDIATELY his ankle started to swell. We got him home and in the shower (he rolled in the dust) and called our doctor (other's don't like him, but he always answers when we page him). He told Ayron to wrap it, ice it, and keep it elevated. I managed to get him and Taylor to bed around 11pm. At midnight Ayron decided he wasn't comfortable so I helped him hop to the living room and I got him situated on the couch. I checked on Taylor and crawled back into the bed (I'll admit I was thrilled to have the WHOLE bed to myself). Apparently right after I fell asleep Ayron decided he needed to go to the restroom. Instead of calling my name and waking me up, the giant (If you haven't met my husband, he is ever bit of 6'9" and 340lbs) decided to crawl to the bathroom. This would have worked had he not gotten a cramp. He won't tell me how long he laid on the bathroom floor.

This morning he wouldn't let me help him to the bathroom so Taylor and I watched Daddy crawl to the bathroom and Taylor found this hilarious!

I had to call my mom to come babysit Ayron and Taylor today while I am at work. He goes to see the doctor and get x-rays at 1:15. At least he still has insurance!!

No comments: