Thursday, September 17, 2009

Encouraging Words

So I have received several encouraging comments about my previous note. I tend to be a bit pessimistic by nature so I have to wonder if that is why my mood is the way it is.

I can't help but think, "Easier said than done." It is really easy to offer people words of encouragement, etc. It is easy to say that it will all work out. It is harder to believe it. At least it is for me.

I know that I need to trust and pray, but I like big obvious signs from God. I don't do subtle. When I do start to look for signs that He is listening and taking care of me, I turn every small thing into a sign. Was the robin in my tree a sign from Him? I get paranoid and I cannot let myself get that way.

I just talked with Ayron on the phone and they are continuing their hourly wages for the rest of the week and the change will happen on Monday. One of the marketers who has been with the company the longest comes back tomorrow and she has not been told (to our knowledge) of the change. We are hoping that they can all ban together and present a united front and present their side of the situation.

I just wish that I could sit outside and talk with Him, but alas I am chained to my laptop in an office built with cinder block and cement. It is very hard to be encouraged by Him when all you see is the dimples in cinder block, and the dead computers next to you.

No comments: