Thursday, September 17, 2009

Seeking Prayers and Advice

So yesterday some life changing news was dropped on Ayron at work. They are taking away the marketing departments hourly wages and going to commission only. This is a big blow to many people. They also fired 4 people. While I do recognize that he still has a job and I am fortunate enough to have a secure job, it is still a blow.



We are looking into several options and wondering if Ayron could get some kind of unemployment compensation to make up for losing his hourly pay. He will be considered an independent contractor now. We are hoping he can then set his own hours and possibly do some work from home. That could help with child care costs.



We have already decided to stop all unnecessary spending. We had already cut way back, but now we are stopping it. Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit, but I would rather be prepared than caught off guard.

Ayron keeps saying he has a calm feeling about everything and I wish I could say that I did. I am not really worried, I just want to know what is going to happen. I want God to send a skywriter to spell it out for me. Maybe an email or text message? Something?

We did pray together for the first time in a long time last night (I am ashamed to admit that) and that did ease my mind and I was able to sleep some. We have already asked some people for advice and I have to wonder why 3 people suggested he go out for the police department.

I know that I need to be grateful for what I have and I am continuing to pray for everyone else effected by this change. I know that others are struggling worse that we are and I pray for them everyday. I just wish I knew His plan.

No comments: