Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Assignment

So I just got an email from my professor (I am taking an online Lit. course) concerning my first assignment. We were to read one of his papers about murder and then list 5 facts. I assumed that the wanted some thought put into our 5 things. I was wrong.

I was scolded for putting too much effort into my assignment and for using examples. The two examples I used were cited straight from the paper he had us read. He told me that while I over thought the assignment, he will give me full credit anyways. Really? Well thanks for giving me credit for actually putting some thought into my work!

I find it hard to believe that he really only wanted me to list five random facts from his paper. Really? I know I am taking the class at an "undergrad" level, but I thought most college professors enjoyed when students put some thought into their work. If I listed five facts back to him, what does that show? My ability to skim his 10 page paper and pick random things to regurgitate back to him? God forbid I respond like the college educated student that I am!

I was not looking forward to interpreting next weeks Poe assignments, but apparently I shouldn't think too hard about it!

No comments: