Thursday, August 19, 2010

What Were They Thinking?

Every looked at a child's artwork and wondered what the heck it was? Ever done it to an adult's craft project? This link was posted on my facebook wall by my sister. It's especially entertaining for me because my Mom is an avid knitter, and yet I can NEVER see her attempting this project.

Check this out! Ok, really? Whose idea was this? Why does the "baby" look like a starving monkey? Who is going to pay $225 for this? I didn't know yarn needed to have a fleshy feel.

This is what really got me: "This uterus has a drawstring cervix to demonstrate dilation, also perfect to show the head crowning and baby passing through." Ok, what child needs to see a demonstration of crowning? My youngest niece was accidentally let into my delivery room as I was crowing and she saw it and ran out of the room traumatized. I am not sure that using this knitted contraption would have lessened her trauma.

The comments left by people are both humorous and crude. It just blows my mind that someone thought to create this pattern AND actually follow through with knitting it. Really? Did you have nothing better to do than stand in the yarn store asking the associate, "Which one of these will look the most like a real fleshy placenta?"

No comments: