Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let the remodel begin!

Well, we finally got a check from the insurance company (we have been dealing with this since Sept. 23!). They made the check out to us and Chase Home Finance. We were afraid we would have to mail the check off to our mortgage company and then wait for someone to sign it and send it back. We decided to be clever and we called the Chase bank branch in Kendalville. The bank manager was able to get clearance and sign the check for us! I will be depositing that money this afternoon, then I will turn around and write a check for the exact same amount to Reeves Construction.

With the help of my mother in law, we were able to finally decide on paint colors for the bathroom. Last Friday we picked out the carpet for the house and our bedroom, but choosing paint turned into a sore subject. I literally threw a fit like a toddler in Home Depot because Ayron was not listening to me. It was childish, but I did get my point across. I was showing my mother in law the colors I liked and let me tell you, when her and I team up, Ayron and Tom (my father in law) lose every time! I got lucky because the colors I picked actually match really well with the flooring Ayron chose. I let Ayron pick the flooring before we even looked at paint, I have learned you have to pick your battles and in this case, it worked in my favor! The only choice left to make is what kind of flooring will go in the kitchen/dining room. That will be the last project done (during this whole remodel) so I have about a week before I really need to make my mind up on that.

This will be the color we paint the walls. The vanity/medicine cabinet/cabinet above the toilet will be this color. We choose Sand Shore for the ceiling and trim. Although, now that I look at Sand Shore on the website, I realize it looks nothing like the color sample I have before me. I guess I would describe it as a mix between a nice creamy egg shell and and a very pale brownish yellow...yeah, that sounds ugly...but it's not!

When I posted the color choices to facebook last night my smart alec cousin wrote back: You are going to get hungry while you look at the turtles with your toes in the sand sitting on the loo.

No comments: