Friday, January 08, 2010

And Another Year Begins

So I am 8 days into the new year and nothing major has changed, not that I expected it to. I don't make resolutions because who actually sticks with them? I am choosing to look ahead to this year and anticipate all that He has in store for us.

Ayron's job has been on the rocks (as if anyone in NE Indiana doesn't know about Kruse), but he is always looking. Taylor is growing like crazy and will repeat anything you say, thus causing me to yell at Ayron about his potty mouth. Scooter is still Scooter, a lovable pain in the butt. Ayron and I celebrated the 9 year anniversary of our first date (and 4 year anniversary of our engagement) by hanging out with some old friends and counting down to midnight.

So what does this next year hold for me. I don't know, but I am trying to be optimistic. It seems like there are so many paths we could take, we are just waiting for the green light from Him. We have thought about moving, and I don't mean just across town. Our family is what keeps us here. We are both very much "family" people and couldn't stand to live so far away from our family. Although if a certain couple were to move to the office/plant in SC, I might be persuaded to move...you know who you are!

This summer will mark our five year wedding anniversary and we are seriously considering a trip to Vegas. I want to do the cheesiest wedding chapel vow renewal possible. I want Ayron in a too small, powder blue tuxedo, with a ruffle shirt of course. I want to find the biggest sleeved, lace covered wedding dress (to rent of course). Someone suggested a behive hair do for me, and I think a faux hawk for Ayron. I can't wait.

Taylor will turn 2 this year. I can't believe that 2 years have almost passed. It seems like just yesterday we couldn't wait for him to walk and now we wish he's slow down. It amazes me how much he is able to absorb and process on a daily basis. He has become my little kitchen helper and will hopefully be quite the chef!

I know a lot will happen this year, and I am willing to take the good with the bad!

No comments: