Friday, January 15, 2010

Insomniac

I have never been a night owl. Never had a late night cram session. I was always the first one to fall asleep at slumber parties. I have only been to IHOP after 9pm once and that was for a bachelorette party. I just don't do nights.....until this week.

I have discovered that I have developed the inability to sleep. I have not changed my bedroom routine one bit. In fact, I have enhanced it. The nice warm shower before bed, glass of warm milk, soft lighting, etc. I have stopped drinking caffeine and stopped the bedtime snacking, and yet, sleep doesn't come.

The funny thing is, I don't fall asleep till 2am, yet I wake up at 6am like normal. I feel refreshed even though I know I didn't sleep. I am not sleepy, yet I know these late nights of dishnetwork surfing will catch up with me, but I just can't sleep!

I do a lot of praying and thinking when I can't sleep (this probably doesn't help me fall asleep, but at least I feel productive). This gets my mind going, and then I really can't fall asleep, even if I am tired!

I'm sure my lack of sleep isn't helping me fight off this cold. I do believe I have been invaded by a sinus bug and it is kicking my butt. I have decided to work a half day today and then go home and force myself to take an afternoon nap.

Even afternoon naps are difficult. We are a napping family. When TJ takes a nap, Ayron and I take a nap. It's our weekend ritual. It's great. The past month, I am wide awake during nap time. Not taking naps has done wonders for my Super Mario Brothers (on the Wii of course) skills because I am able to play without Ayron watching my every move.

I just want to sleep!

No comments: