Thursday, September 16, 2010

That's Your Defense?

I was watching the news last night and saw this clip. I was disgusted. Really Mr. Brown, your defense of your actions was pathetic. "They are misdemeanors." SO WHAT?! Why should you be trusted with the responsibility of a school districts decisions when you can't even be trusted to have a valid license, registration, current plates, and insurance. Let's not forget you were under the influence of alcohol and driving. What qualifies you to make decent decisions for tomorrows leaders when you can't even be trusted to not drink and drive?

As for the whole, learning from your mistakes, you obviously haven't. You were arrested in 2007 for domestic battery and again in 2001 for OWI. Shouldn't elected officials to such offices as school boards be citizens that students can look up to as role models? You may always represent what your constituents want, but you sir are no role model!

I don't live in FWCS district, nor do I work for that district. I understand that people make mistakes and forgiveness should be given. He obviously hasn't learned from his past (2001 OWI charge) nor does he accept any responsibility for his actions. I might have more respect for him if he had said, "You know what? I screwed up again. I realize I have a problem and I am going to take all the steps necessary to rectify the situation." I will always have more respect for people who own up to their mistakes than those who just say "BS" in an attempt to save their hide.

No comments: