Saturday, April 15, 2006

So Close...

yet so far! I bought my cap and gown yesterday. It was cool, but now it's scary! I would like to add that I will be the mismatched queen at graduation. Black gown, powder blue tassel, and gold honors cords! Oh well. Anyways, back to my point. I am realizing the end is near and yet the beginning is near as well. I'm ending school, yet I'm beginning my life as an "adult." I have so much left to get done this semester that it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is disappearing. I have 2 papers to write, a book to read, two finals, a Praxis II, and a oral reading exam. Yikes. I wish I could pause life while I finished everything.

I got my Easter present yesterday. Ayron bought me a fishing pole and a kite. Our pond has been recently stocked and I have gotten into fishing. So I was all excited to get a pole (It's called a "Shakespeare" how appropriate) and luers only to go home to find out the 8 fish we added to the pond are now spawning and we can't scare them off by fishing so I can fish for 3 weeks. Bummer. So I put together my kite and flew it for awhile. It's very relaxing.

I'm excited about Monday. I have been asked to join Omicron-Psi and my induction ceremony is Monday. I'll get my honors cord and a certificate that verifies my "smartness." Kind of cool that someone thinks I'm smart. Most of the time I feel like I'm just BSing my way through life and sooner or later it will bite me in the butt.

No comments: