Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Let the circus begin

For those of you who have had the "honor" of visiting my hometown during Labor Day weekend, you already know what I'm going to rant about. This weekend is the BIG fall car auction out the the K Auction Park. Ok, big deal you say. My relatively small town (to me it's small) has slowly become the place for crazy, stupid, bad driving, rich idiots to congregate this week. Today is the start of the auction, so our town is pack and just plain crazy. Here's proof of these peoples craziness. While in high school I worked at a grocery store. Over labor day weekend we had some rich big wig from Texas come into the store, throw a fit that we didn't carry "his" brand of gum. Once he finally decided on a pack of .60 cent gum, he paid with a hundred dollar bill. Sometimes I begin to wonder if this weekend is worse than fair week. Yes, the fair has creepy carne guys and all of the redneck freaks from the surrounding counties show up, but at least the blocks around the courthouse are the only crazy ones. This weekend, the whole town goes crazy. It's like people forget how to drive. Oh, and the restaurants are packed. Which brings me to my next point (wow, this blog is really ADD isn't it).

Ayron's birthday is tomorrow (he'll be 25). I thought about trying to get everyone together this weekend at a restaurant for a nice family meal, but since all of those crazies have come to town to trade their "collector cars" (see note below) you can't even get a reservation in Ft. W. Blech, we were going to try to get out of town this weekend, but our checking account won't allow us, so I guess it's another Labor Day weekend stuck in town. At least we don't have to park cars for any athletic events anymore.


Note Below: While driving north on the interstate yesterday I saw a frightening, yet hilarious sight. A beat up old truck was pulling a trailer full of golf carts and cars. Granted, this is not an uncommon site in my area around this time of the year, but here is the uncommon part. He was pulling the Flintstonemobile. The one from the movie! A beat up old truck full of rust holes was towing this huge purplish car. It was hilarious. Ok, so maybe you had to see it, but it was a funny sight for me to see!

No comments: