Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New Job

I started my new job today. I'm going to quite my part time deal with the golf course, its not worth the money and the constantly being screwed over by the schedule. So, back to my new job...

T, a fellow employee who is there to help me, and I spent the day observing the alternative school. We are responsible for creating and teaching a program for students who have been expelled or suspended from 3 public districts and/or the alternative school. We are starting this program from scratch with the probation department and the school districts. Its kind of cool to know that I will have helped create this program and get it off the ground. I am excited, but nervous. We are starting with virtually nothing. If anyone knows of any place I can get gently used materials of any kind for free or cheap (our budget is based on grants) let me know by emailing me at yipteacher@yahoo.com Anything we can get our hands on at this point would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: