Thursday, August 03, 2006

Theory on God

I am a firm believer that God has a sense of humor, I am beginning to think that he is just as sarcastic as me. Here is a more "scientific" form of explanation.


Hypothesis: God has a sense of humor and although we may not realize why or even if his "jokes" are funny at first, in the future they are almost always made clear.

Testing: I applied at several local schools and heard nothing. I decided to just start applying everywhere. One week after I commit to my new "We'll go where the Lord takes us" mentality, Ayron becomes manager at the Kendallville store. After basking in my excitement for a mere two hours, God decides to show his sarcasm. I received a phone call from K High School. They wish to interview me for a high school teaching position. Very freaking funny Lord. After a couple minutes of consideration and talking to all three moms (lynette, joellen, and janette) I called Vice Prnc. H and left this voice mail: "While I am flattered to even be considered a worthy applicant to interview it pains me to admit that in the past week my situation has changed and I will not be able schedule an interview with you. While I hate to turn down an interview and/or possibly a job, I am no longer able to move. I thank you for your consideration of me as an applicant, but at this time I am not able to interview with K schools."

Scientific Conclusion: God is not only humorous, but sarcastic. I am hoping that this is a sign of better things to come. I still have my interview next Friday. I am hoping that this all works out, and I'm sure that it will but.....I guess I'm afraid that I won't have a job in September and I'll be kicking myself for not even going for an interview. Ayron is finally happy at work and that makes me happy. He sacrificed a year of his life so I could finish school and for that I am extremely grateful. So do I consider this a sacrifice for him? I really don't want to move, and I am not regretting my decision about K, I guess I just want other schools to call. I don't want to be left wondering, "What if they were the only school that called." I know that most schools, although I don't understand their reasoning, do a lot of hiring two weeks before school. Hopefully this thing in Steuben county works out and we call all live happily ever after. I guess I just don't know what exactly to think about the whole thing. I don't have a big pit in my stomach like I just turned down the opportunity of a life time so for now I truly believe I have done the right thing. If only the other schools would call...

No comments: