Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Blurry Pictures

I recently used a website to print pictures to a local store. I was in a hurry when I picked the pictures up and didn't look at them. Later I discovered they were blurry and Taylor was green in several shots. I contacted (via email) the customer care associate and I was told I could take them back to the store.

On attempt #1 to return the prints we were told we couldn't because their scanner couldn't read our receipt. Seriously? You can clearly read the numbers so why not punch the numbers in by hand. I even printed out the email correspondence from the customer care associate and my order form from the on-line photo website. While we were in there, another disgruntled customer had just printed pictures from the instant kiosk. The manager couldn't figure out why the lady was mad. The lady explained, "The baby in these pictures is black." The manager didn't understand. The lady asked, "Why did it print the baby in black?" The manager replied, "Well because the baby IS black." The lady was getting really upset and said, "That child is my newborn grandchild and the baby is not black, she is white, so why did it print her face with black ink?" The manager asked her, "Are you sure the baby is white?" Come on now! Seriously? I wanted to slap the manager! I was so disgusted, I walked out.

On attempt #2 the pictures were returned easily and all was made well.

I have to wonder what possessed the manager to ask the lady, "Are you sure the baby is white?"

**I prefer the term "African American" but I caught a glimpse of the pictures and the baby surely was printed using black ink.

1 comment:

Natty said...

Wow. That manager should be demoted!!