Monday, April 27, 2009

Am I a "minority?"

I have to wonder if I am a "freak" or a "minority" compared to my peers. Here are my "reasons."

1. I was a virgin until my wedding night. So was my husband. We had the chance but decided to never take it.

2. I have never been drunk. There was a time in Spain, but it wasn't on purpose and in my defense, those Spainards know how to mix drinks!

3. I have never smoked a cigarette. Never even wanted to smoke.

4. I have never smoked weed. Never even had the desire.

5. I have never taken an illegal drug.

6. I don't spend my weekends playing beer pong or doing stupid things....I guess this could go with #2.

7. I have never broken a bone in my body. Until recently I had never had stitched. Gallbladder surgery and childbirth ruined that for me.

8. I don't have a tattoo. Doesn't mean I don't want one, I just currently don't have one.

9. I'd much rather spend a quiet night at home with my husband and son than a noisy night at a bar.

10. Until about a month ago I had never been inside of Crickets. I have had a Cricket burger and YUMMO!

11. I can't, and therefore I don't, dance. Kind of odd and random, but oh well.

12. I lost 30lbs. when I was pregnant. It was great! I was buying smaller sized jeans instead of bigger!

13. I have traveled outside the USA 3 times. Once to Canada (we were in Detroit and my Uncle wanted me to be able to say that I had left the country) and twice to Europe. I guess that makes me fortunate, not weird, but it's still uncommon.

14. I ran away from Auburn (freshman year of college) and then came running back. The "running back" is the odd part. Not many people do. Ever been to Auburn? (I really do like it, I just crack a lot of jokes about the lack of things to do).

15. I have only been pulled over once. The expiration sticker on the license plate was on the wrong side. Thanks Dad! It was my senior year in high school and it was the DARE officer that pulled me over, so I don't think it really counts.

16. I never skipped school (in high school). In fact, I actually got caught sneaking into school. I was out with pneumonia and was supposed to be at home resting, but you can only watch so many videos on VH1 before becoming bored.

17. I never was called to the principals office or kicked out of class. Never "earned" a detention or Saturday school.

18. I didn't plan my wedding, Ayron did! The spring semester of 2005 was very difficult for me (course load wise) and I told him that if he wanted to get married that summer he'd have to plan it all and I would show up. He planned it all and I showed up.

That's all I can think of for now. I am sure there are more, but does this list make me "odd?"

No comments: