Monday, April 13, 2009

New bed, but sleep cannot be found

Friday morning we picked up our new king sized bed. I was so excited to sleep in a big new bed. Friday night, I did not sleep. Our niece spent the night and slept in Taylor's room. I would rush in every time Taylor coughed in hopes of silencing him before he woke our niece up. Saturday was a busy day of shopping and hanging out with our niece. I thought for sure that I would sleep well......NOPE. I was exhausted last night and wanted so badly to sleep. Due to Ayron's continues nose and throat concert (I didn't buy a ticket, but was serenaded anyways), I failed to sleep again last night.

I am beginning to wonder if it is the bed. Maybe I need new pillows? A visit to the chiropractor perhaps? I'm not overly tired but I'm not full of energy either. I have to wonder if I don't sleep well because Ayron is so far away from me. That would be ironic, we bought the bigger bed to have more space and now I can't sleep because he is too far away from me.

I attempted to wake Ayron up 10 times last night. His "concert" was very loud and very annoying. Several rib pokes and "roll over" later, a nice sock to the gut did nothing to shut him up. I even smacked him upside the head in an attempt to wake him up. He sat up and looked at me, I told him, "Shut up! If you are going to insist on snoring GO TO THE COUCH." His response, "I don't wanna and you can't make me." He magically didn't remember that conversation this morning. He has offered to sleep on the couch tonight in an effort to see if I can actually sleep! I'm thinking, and hoping, a shot of Nyquil will help me sleep.

1 comment:

Natty said...

One word: CPAP.

Works wonders for *both* of our sleep!