Friday, May 01, 2009

Rx Optical

This morning I had an eye exam at Rx Optical in Angola. I decided on Rx Optical (my original doctor headed towards warmer weather) because they have a "vision advantage program" with the county employees. I called the company and researched and was amazed when I was told my first visit would only cost $59. After my exam this morning I was given a trial pair of contacts and scheduled a check up for a week later (new brand, I am trying them out). I was surprised when there was an additional $55 new patient fee I wasn't told about.

I debated on what to do and I decided I would send an email to corporate. I just got off the phone with a local customer service rep who apologized. He said he doesn't know why I wasn't told that information when I called. He also told me that since I wasn't expecting that fee he would credit that amount to my account and I could use that credit to purchase my contacts next week!

I am very pleased! Their customer service and the ladies (and gentleman) at the office were very nice. Especially when I stopped in on my lunch break to complain about the trial pair I was given. One of the contacts had a tiny rip around the rim and it was driving me crazy. They gladly gave me a new trial contact and set me on my way!

So now I am glasses free and have a credit on my account!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky. We just dealt with Costco last night and had the opposite experience. They were not at all helpful, and even negatively helpful because we ended up doing their work for them. Its good to hear that someone still has good customer service. - Tyler