Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Home Improvements

We had decided looong ago to use our tax refund to do some improvements to the house. I was so eager at first. I didn't know where to start! We are finally starting to plan and now suddenly I am nervous. I don't know why.

We have decided on a shutter color and I am going to purchase them today at Menards and then tonight we are looking at siding. We talked with Tom (my contractor father in law) and started planning last night) and he is working on a plan. It seems that it might actually happen, so why am I nervous?

We aren't doing anything major. We are replacing the shutters, painting the house and the garage door, making the backroom usable (new windows, door, insulation, etc), and siding the back room. It seems like a lot, but it really isn't.

I think I have gotten used to seeing that money in our bank accounts and I am afraid to see it go. I know that we had this planned from the start and I really want these changes done, but it's just so hard to say good bye (this is humorous).

I really can't wait to see how the house will look. I can't wait to finish the landscaping either! Last fall we added mulch around some trees, but ran out of mulch (we were getting it from the compost center). We need to find time when we can take the truck and trailer back to the center and get some more free mulch! I hope to redo the fire pit this weekend (we were given a real fire ring for Christmas so I can take down our makeshift brick one). I need to get some flowers planted, etc. It's about time I make the place look like a home. If only I could get grass to grow where we had to dig up the front yard.

No comments: