Friday, May 15, 2009

Tears of Frustration

I am so ticked off right now that I am on the verge of tears. I have a student coming out of placement today that has SEVERAL needs that MUST be addressed. The evaluation even said, "Likely to re-offend." Yet, he is coming home and none of his needs will be addressed. I can't give the details of the case and I wish I could. Trust me, if you knew, you would agree. There isn't any services in Northeast Indiana that can help this student with his issues. They think putting him on home detention will help. It won't.

I went and met with my boss today to at least have my concerns heard and it's like he doesn't even care. He won't have to deal with him in a daily basis so why should he care. I have worked with this student before and I know what services are needed and I am not equipped to administer them.

It is just so frustrating that the psychologist at placement, as well as my on staff therapist says he needs intensive therapy and yet nothing. I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW!!!

Ok, venting done. I am still thoroughly ticked though. This kid is getting robbed of the treatment he needs to improve himself.

No comments: