Monday, June 01, 2009

Gardening

I have never had a garden before. We decided to plant one this year. We bought all sorts of seeds, along with 6 tomato and 2 pepper plants. Before we planted the plants in the garden the tomatoes were growing like crazy. Now, they are hanging on for dear life. I thought transplanting them into a real garden instead of their tiny pot would be a good thing, but apparently they don't like the ground much.

Ayron checked the garden this morning and told me he could see the starts of everything except the carrots. I was going to weed the garden last night, but not being a gardener, I couldn't tell if it was the start of a plant or a weed. The last thing I wanted to do was pull a bunch of young healthy plants out of the ground. I hope today's rain revives our tomato plants. Those were the plants I really wanted to take off and grow.

I guess I shouldn't get our hopes up since this is our first year. Next year we plan to make the garden even bigger! We ran out of room and I wasn't able to plant my herb garden. Oh well. One year at a time I guess. If only I could get the raspberry bushes to take off again and produce viable fruit.....

No comments: