Friday, October 23, 2009

Calling All Baseball Fans!

I know nothing about baseball, ok, well I know a little bit (3 bases, 2 teams, 1 bat, 1 ball). Ayron has recently began thinking about selling his baseball card collection. Seeing as how I no nothing about baseball or baseball cards I have no clue where to even begin on this process. I have asked him repeatedly if he really wants to sell them, and every time he tells me yes. Apparently collectors are paying nice money for them right now.

I don't even know what cards he has, but I know he has a lot. I think he has at least two Nolan Ryan rookie cards. Are those rare?

So I am asking for help. Where should I begin? Who (in the (Ft. Wayne area) would buy these cards? How much should we expect to get (I know that depends on the card)? How do we know we aren't getting ripped off?

1 comment:

Em said...

Go to a Barnes and Noble or Borders and get what is called a Becket's magazine. It can be found either in the section where books on antiques and collectibles can be found or sometimes they are located with the magazines. That will give you values of cards. In Glenbrook Mall there is a store called Clem's Collectibles that buys them. You can also go to yellowpages.com and do a search for places that buy them. There are quite a few.