Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm Funny?

Apparently I am funny. I was told several times this past weekend that I was funny. I got a phone call last night asking me to partake in an improv show because I am funny. Am I really that funny? I don't try to be funny, I really don't. I don't think I am funny, but maybe I am.

I am hesitant about agreeing to do the improv show. It is for a group at church. It's not like I am going up in front of a bunch of drunk people at a club. But seeing as how I don't view myself as funny, the thought of trying to be funny on the spot terrifies me.

If I don't feel I am funny, how can I be funny in front of a crowd? Improv? That scares me. Maybe if I knew what was going to be thrown at me I could plan to be funny. What if they hand me a band-aid and a chicken? How do I make that funny?

I still haven't made up my mind yet. I am a bit on the fence. I know that Layna really wants me to do it, and she swears I am funny, but really? Am I?

1 comment:

Natty said...

You're *totally* funny! And the fact that you don't try to be funny is even funnier! I mean, OMG, this passage made me LOL @ the Ref Desk, HELLO?!:

"Improv? ... Maybe if I knew what was going to be thrown at me I could plan to be funny."

That cracked me up. And you would so totally come up with something hysterical if given a band-aid and a chicken. In fact, I hope they do! ;)

Now, if you get us BOTH up there... hooboy!! People would need Depends undergarments. Am I right??