Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Seattle Here I Come

I am fortunate enough to be flying to Seattle Thursday morning (I will be up and in the air before the sun even thinks of waking up!). I am so excited! One of my very good friends is getting married. I have known Tyler since the 2nd grade. His mother used to babysit me. We drifted apart, went our own ways, but somehow we reconnected and I am pretty sure the Big Guy upstairs is responsible.

Tyler helps me see things from a different point of view. I often run my feelings, thoughts, words, by him before I open my mouth. He has a nice way of showing me that I am wrong!

I have only met Christine once, (unless you count a Skype bridal shower), and that was enough. I don't mean that in a bad way. After meeting her once, I knew she was the one for Tyler. It is nice to know that your friend has found THE ONE he will spend the rest of his life with.

It is amazing to see the love those two share and think about the possibilities their lives hold.

I think I am more nervous about this wedding than they are! I don't know if I would call it "nervous" or anxious. The last time we (Ayron will be doing a reading in the wedding) were all dressed up was our own wedding! I have a lovely black dress and Ayron's suit is at the cleaners. As much as I hate the gut sucking underpants and strapless bra, I can't wait to get all girly.

I have to wonder what I am walking into tho. Keep in mind that I haven't met Any of the people I will be in the wedding with (besides the couple and the grooms brother). All of these people are strangers to me. I have to wonder what they will think of me. I have already planned out my outfits (in order to make a good impression) and bought new make-up. I have to wonder why I care so much. I am not seeking their approval, they either like me or they don't, but I want them to see the best "Carma" I can be.

I am also nervous about flying. I haven't flown in years! We are carrying on our wedding outfits so I'm sure we will look odd lugging around formal wear in St. Louis (layover). My theory is, if they lose my luggage, there is always a place I can get pants and a shirt, but it is very hard to get a custom tailored bridesmaid dress, strapless bra, gut sucking underpants, and high heels on short notice!

I am ready to go, but sad about taking TJ. Taylor will be staying in Ft. Wayne with our friends. I trust them but I haven't left TJ for more than 2 days. Heck, when we leave him overnight with Ayron's parents all I do is putter around the house mumbling, "I miss Monkey!"

I am so excited, but I just want Thursday to be here so I can have a mini vacation and watch two love birds get married.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat! I didn't realize whose wedding THIS one was! I know you said "bridesmaid" dress, but seriously, whose side are you standing up on? His or hers? Have a great time!

Aunt L