Friday, December 03, 2010

Early Nesting

I have been "nesting" for the past month. It is driving me crazy! I can only clean and re-organize my desk at work so many times. I have filed and refiled the same things in an attempt to calm my urges.

I have cleaned out TJ's closet, his dresser, his toys, and his book case. I have actually managed to find a desk under the pile of ruble in my home office. I made Ayron help me reclaim our hall closet. Ayron cleaned out and organized the garage and started working on the backroom this week as well.

I made a "to do" list around the house and am slowly working on that (paint touch ups, etc). The only thing left to do is conquer the closet in what will be Isabella's room (now we call it the office or the dog's room). This closet is FULL of craft supplies, scrapbook stuff, and books. I am afraid of what I will find in there! I hope to start this project sometime this weekend. My goal is to just pare down our belongings. If we don't use it on a daily basis, it's got to go.

I didn't start this freakish nesting phase with my first pregnancy till about week 38 (keep in mind I went to 42 1/2 weeks, so I had 4 1/2 weeks to freak out and clean). I reorganized the pyrex/mixing bowl cupboard about 4 times...which reminds me, I need to do that again.

My mind never stops! The problem is that the urge hits when I am at work. By the time I get home around 4ish, I have no energy to actually do anything. With the holiday season approaching and Ayron's new job (post about that later) taking off, we have very little time together on the weekends. Good thing I have till March to get this all done.

If anyone is looking for the perfect present for me, a maid would be awesome....I am totally joking...maybe.

No comments: