Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Boys With Long Hair

Saturday morning Taylor and I went with Ayron to get his hair cut. We sat at a station next to the one being occupied by Ayron. A lady who was getting a pedicure asked me if we were there for TJ's for hair cut. I polite said, "No. He's had haircuts before, but we like his hair long." She looked at me like I had just admitted to beating my child.

Why is it such a big deal for little boys to have long hair?! This lady looked so appalled. You could tell she was thinking, "Well that is just irresponsible parenting." So my son has long hair, WHO CARES?! People always comment on how long his hair has gotten. Someone said, "You're going to get it cut before the baby comes right?" Why? Were they afraid I was going to get my 3 year old son confused with my newborn daughter?! Why do people care so much about my son's hair?!

We like TJ's hair long. Frankly, he looks silly with it short. We've tried it. It just doesn't look right on him. So we have decided to keep it long. He knows what a hair cut is and he often pretends to give us hair cuts. If you ask him if he wants his hair cut he will simply tell you, "No. My hair stays long." So I have let my 3 year old decide to have long hair. So sue me!

No comments: