Monday, February 28, 2011

Really? People Do This Crap?!

So I am all about prepping your body for labor. I am taking evening prime rose oil capsules and drinking red raspberry leaf tea, I am not however smearing Crisco on my butt. I have a "membership" to babycenter.com and love to read the ridiculous stuff people post. I once read a debate about what type of oil to drink to cause labor. One person truly thought that they were to drink motor oil. If people aren't smart enough to realize that is dangerous, do we really want them creating offspring?

I ran across this "trick" for labor induction today and laughed my non Crisco covered butt off.

"So I know a lot of people have been looking into and posting about homemade inductions, my OB told me about this Garden Method of Induction, I did it and the next day my water broke.
You take a bowl with Orange juice & Green Tea and then stand in it. Than you take basil leaves and crush them up in a bowl, add crisco, pepper, dried red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper and rub it on your butt cheek alternating ever 5 minutes.

Take a shot of brown sugar and lemon juice. And sit on top of a bowl of 5 hour energy shot.
Do for 30-min intervals until contractions start. It was so amazing I am definitely doing it again for my next child."

REALLY?! I am pretty sure that smearing Crisco on your butt is only going to give you a greasy butt! Sitting on a 5 hour energy shot? Am I just supposed to place the container in the bowl or dump out the little liquid and then sit in that? Wouldn't the lovely coat of grease prevent the energy shot from properly absorbing into my butt? (These questions are all said in sarcasm on my part). I decided to read some of the comments for more giggles.

One person is freaking out because no one will tell her what brand of cayenne pepper to use. Should she go with McCormick or will the kind from the dollar store work? Really? Should you be allowed to care for a child?

Another reader commented this way: If all else fails, you can always recycle all of the ingredients over a nice pot roast in the slow cooker. Waste not, want not.

This reader and I have a similar sense of humor: MY GOD, I swear some of these are just made up to see how stupid pregnant women are haha! I'm going to make one up and spread it around to see how many people try it. Here goes: I heard if you stand on your toilet backwards for an hour while sucking on a tootsie pop and then drive to a mountain top and blow bubbles for 20 minutes it will put you into labor. Let's all try it!!!!!

As impatient as I am to meet my daughter, I know that she will come out when she is good and ready. TJ waited till 42 weeks to show up simply because he was warm and toasty and didn't want to come out. I know not to rush nature, but I also know how hard it can be to sit and wait. I also know that a good way to induce labor is the same thing that caused the pregnancy in the first place. I am going to print out this "natural" method and show it to my mid-wife though. I bet she could use a good laugh.

No comments: