Monday, February 14, 2011

Changes

Nesting SUCKS! I can't seem to just be happy with a clean house. I spent yesterday morning organizing my baking pans cupboard, the mixing bowls cupboard, and the Tupperware drawer. I don't know why I bothered because I know that in two days they will be back to chaos.

I got a bur up my rear yesterday and decided we needed to move TJ into a big boy bed (twin sized) right then. We went to the store, let him pick out some sheets, came home and made the swap. TJ seemed excited at first, but his resistance to sleep last night may have been a sign. He didn't fall asleep till after 11. Ayron and I both spent time in the bed with him before we gave up and just left him in his room.

I got a new dryer on Thursday, so that was a nice change. It is not new, but new to us and dang that sucker can put out some heat! After not having a dryer for a week I actually had fun doing laundry all weekend....sick right?

Right now my bathroom is being torn apart. A little over a year ago we had the flood remodel of 2009. We finally got the walls the color we wanted, the vanity painted, etc. Now it is being torn into again. We are finally able to replace the shower with a real tub! The lady we bought the house from 4 years ago was an elderly lady who had one of the shower conversion things done so that she didn't have a high edge to step over. Ayron loves the shower because it has a bench seat built into the back wall. I miss having a tub. We finally saved up enough money (seems like every time we got close to having the money something else would break and our money would be diverted) and the tub was ordered. The shower is getting ripped out today and the tub is being installed. I can't wait to crack out the Mr. Bubble and take a bath tonight!

I know my life is headed for a lot of changes so why am I in such a hurry to make a bunch of changes right now? I have the urge to start tearing into the nursery (it has some ugly painted wood paneling that needs to be ripped down). I know these projects take time, but I want them done NOW! I can't help it. It's like I think the sooner I get all the stuff done, the sooner Ella will be here. Why can't I just relax and enjoy what little time I have left with just one kiddo?

No comments: