Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Music

I would like to know what idiot at the FCC decided that playing Christmas music before the month of December was ok. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas music, but come on, it's still like 60 degrees outside. Oh, and those stations that started playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving...they should lose their broadcasting license, if there is such a thing.

I did notice an odd phenomenon though. While my sister and I despise Christmas in the month of November (it's ok if it's played in December) we discovered the powerful effect it has on the human body. We had the radio on while we were painting and working on the house this weekend (BIG THANKS goes out to my sister for her help!) and while we immediately said "Blech" every time a Christmas song came on, we discovered that halfway through the song, both of us were singing it. Our mind screamed, "NO!!!" but our bodies did not obey. I think the government is using the music to control us? HeHeHe...wait, I work for the government.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

My wife gets annoyed because I sometimes pop my Christmas CDs in the player in July..... And when I don't feel well I put on my Dr. Seuss lounge pants and watch Christmas cartoons.

I think it's because Christmas is the source of so many warm, happy memories for many of us. I know it is to me. It's a source of comfort.