Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Dogs

So we have decided to get a dog. Wait, let me rephrase that, a puppy. Now, I am all about rescuing dogs from the shelter, but last time we did that, it turned into a nightmare. I have been watching the paper and talking to fellow dog lovers/owners. We have decided that we want a small dog. By small, I'm not talking tiny weiny, we are not tiny weiny people. I am thinking about a cocker spaniel. But I also have my mind open to other possibilities. Does anyone know about cocker spaniels? Here is a list of questions we are researching about dog breeds:

How big will they get?

How bad to they shed?

Are they easy to train?

Do they have a laid back temperament?

How much maintenance? (grooming wise)

Are they good with kids?

Will they travel well? (I'd like to make it a classroom dog)

If anyone can offer some cocker spaniel advice, that would be cool. Or if you've got a breed suggestion, that would be cool too.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Josh Otis is the one to talk to about Cocker's. He's had at least two.