Monday, June 04, 2007

End of Year One

Today marks the end of the first academic school year of the Youth Improvement Day program. I did some calculations today and here is what I came up with.

This past academic year, the Youth Improvement Day Program (in its first year) helped a total of 22 students from the Steuben county schools.

Of those 22, 17 were successfully readmitted back into their base schools, which is a 77% success rate. We had 5 that were not successful due to various reasons. 3 were removed due to their actions while in YIDP. 2 were removed due to probation reasons.

I guess 77% isn't bad. I'd like it to be higher, but considering the students I work with, I guess anything above the failing percentage is good. I am going to make it my goal to have at least an 80% success rate next year. I know that is only a 3% jump, but in this field, with these kids, that is a lot. I should feel glad and proud of my accomplishments, but I will admit that I was a little let down when I did the math and it only came out to be a 77%.

No comments: